Friday, October 22, 2010

Weigh-in 58


It's almost here.

I turn 40 years old next week. There. I said it. I'm not 39 again. I'm not "in the later part of my early 30's" or anything like that.

40. Hmmm, I guess it doesn't seem so bad after all. Considering there was a time I wondered if I would make it this far, I'd say it is pretty daggum good.

I am grateful for every one of those years and would like to ask you to help me make a birthday wish come true.

As those of you who know me or have read this blog before already know, I have been raising support for an organization called Love146. The vision of Love146 is, quite simply:

The abolition of child sex slavery and exploitation. Nothing less.

The mission of Love146 is also very simple:

Abolition and Restoration! We combat child sex slavery & exploitation with the unexpected and restore survivors with excellence.
(quotes from the official Love146 web site)

So, I close my eyes, blow out the candles, and make this birthday wish:

No one should be in bondage or in slavery, least of all children. When I look at my wonderful kids and think that there are boys and girls in the world TODAY that are in chains, being exploited, bought and sold, used and abused... I can't stand it. It breaks my heart and makes me angry.

But it doesn't have to be this way. Thanks to folks like the Love146 staff, people are becoming aware of the problem. And not just aware, but empowered to act. There is education, there is activism, and most importantly, there is action to find and free these children.

It doesn't stop there, either. Love146 has created programs (like the Round Home) to help restore love and life to the victims of sex slavery and exploitation.

It is my birthday wish that the abolition of slavery and the restoration of the victims is a reality in our lifetime. That the modern day slave trade is destroyed. That hearts and spirits are released from bondage along with bodies.

Please help if you can.

The weigh in....

All I can say is "ugh!" I didn't feel good about this week going in to it. Not really sure why. But I stepped on the scale this morning and...

224.0

Yup. Gained a pound this week. No idea how or why. I ran over 8 miles this week. I stayed under the 1650 calorie goal each day. Even on the days I ran.

I'll have to chalk it up to stress and lack of sleep this week. Life with a startup company, a family of 6, and an approaching 40th birthday can do that to you, I guess.

Onward to the future!

Photo credit to sergis blog

2 comments:

Daisy Sews said...

I am so impressed! You have done great! Happy 40th birthday.

Bubba said...

Thank you, ma'am!