Friday, June 18, 2010

Weigh In #39


Well, today was the day. I weighed in this morning and the scale showed me:

241.0

That makes a grand total of 80lbs - my original goal. Woo Hoo!!!

But it's not a destination, it's just a waypoint. As a friend reminded me:
I don’t mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me. (Philippians 3:12 NLT)
 I'm still "in beta" so to speak. Just like I'm not done in my pursuit to be the person God created me to be, I'm not done working on my physical health.

Now I'm on my way to reaching 210lbs by the end of the year (210 in 2010). And while it's time to make the donations that were pledged as part of this goal, it is also time to start collecting pledges for the matching funds already pledged for Love146.org.

If possible, please help us raise money to fight human trafficking and help restore those already rescued and freed from bondage. Just let me know if you would like to pledge. Any amount is fine in this cause. Every little bit helps get to $210 and $420 so that we can double it for Love146.org.

Thanks for all the support so far along the way. I look forward to this next challenge.

Photo credit to The Library of Congress

0 comments: