Saturday, January 2, 2010

Weigh In #16


Happy 2004!

Wait, what? Yeah, I know it's 2010 (Two Thousand and Ten? Two Thousand Ten? Oh Ten? Twenty Ten? Whatever...). For me, New Year's Day was a flash back to 2004. I got into a cleaning mood and started pulling stuff out of my closet. We try to routinely gather up things that we don't really need around the house and find new homes for them. We give stuff to Goodwill, the National Kidney Foundation, DAV, and friends and family that might need or want what we have.

Well, I obviously hadn't done that with the clothes in my closet for a good long while because I found jeans that I wore in 2004 (and some shirts from before that). I thought it would be funny to try them on and, low and behold, they fit! Actually they were a little big on me. I finally found the size on a faded tag on the jeans and was a little surprised.

Back in September when I started this little journey, I had a 48 inch waist. These "new" jeans were 44's. That means I've gone down at least 4 inches in my waist. That was a good way to start the year, to say the least....

Oh yeah. Right before the whole closet cleaning efforts began I stepped on the scale for my Friday morning ritual. I was greeted by glowing numbers that read:

279.0

That makes 42 pounds so far. As Jim pointed put last week, that puts me past half way on my 80-60-40 goal. If I can get to the 80 pound mark, I'll have travelled back in time to 1998. Maybe I can go back to 1996 when I meet my wife (well, wife to be back then) and was at 230lbs...

I want to also say a big thank you to my friends who made donations to Love146.org last week. You generousity and compassion are wonderful. Thanks for helping such a great organization. And if any of you want to help out, just let me know and I can add your pledge to the total you see on the right side of the page. Or you can donate directly to Love146.org using the "DONATE" button on the right.

0 comments: