Friday, December 11, 2009

Weigh In #13


In the picture above, you can see what 35 pounds looks like. I know, I know. It's not the most exciting thing. It doesn't even move or have sound effects. But that little graph up there has been one of the key things that has helped me out over the past 3 months. I've gotten encouragement from seeing the downward run over time. I've gotten reminded that this is a "slow and steady" course and not a sprint as the days have stretched out to the right. I've also been kicked in the butt by those flat spots where it seemed like no progress was being made.

Yup, this has been an invaluable tool so far. And it will keep helping me, too. Many of you either know about LiveStrong.com or have heard me talk about it. The site (and it's many tools for fitness, health, and weight loss) are tied in with Lance Armstrong's Live Strong movement and Armstrong is a spokesperson and contributor to the site.

I'll go ahead and say it... Without LiveStrong.com and The Daily Plate, my efforts to lose weight and get healthier would definitely not be as productive as they have been and I might have given up already. It's been tough to get here (and I have a long way to go), but I can see that it is possible...

As some of you may have picked up by the far right part of the graph, this wasn't a great week. That flat spot means that I didn't lose any weight this week. I looked down at the scales and it greeted me with the same number from last week:

286.0

I even checked 3 times to make sure. Same number...

But I'm not discouraged (well, not much) and I know this is just one of those things. I'm going to keep pushing on. I'm still targeting 45 more pounds in the next 27 weeks. If you are inclined towards it, please say a prayer for me as we get deep into this holiday season. The next 4 weeks will be quite a test....

And don't forget Love146.org. Go donate to help free people (in this country and others) from the bondage of slavery and give them hope.

Peace to you.

0 comments: