Friday, October 9, 2009

Weigh In #4


It's Friday again, and that means time for another 80-60-40 progress check. It seems to have gotten easier to get through the week now. I've gotten used to making better (mostly) food choices and we, as a family, are eating out less and less. What is still difficult to do regularly is to get out and exercise. I definitely did not exercise enough this week. I think I might have gone walking once all week. I gotta get better at that, now.

So, last week I got to the 305 mark. I have to say that I was really hopeful that I would break through the 300 barrier this week. I know it's just a psychological thing, but I feel like it is important somehow.

Well, I didn't make it under 300 but I did make progress: 303.2. That's almost 2lbs this pst week. Right on target and I'll take it...

That progress also means progress towards our goals for Love146.org and the people that they are helping. As I said last week, I now have a partner in pledging money to the work that Love146.org is doing. But I'm still looking for more people to help out. As a part of ThisMustChange.org, I am pledging $1 per pound lost until (at least) Nov 16th. If you would like to help, please consider making a pledge of support (money or otherwise) in the comments section below. You don't have to lose any weight (other than a couple of dollars from your wallet perhaps) and it can be any amount. Shoot, you don't even have to go through me. Go ahead and click the "Donate" button over on the right side there and make a donation directly to Love146.org today!

And if Love146.org isn't the organization or cause that you want to support, then please find someone to help out. You can find other organizations over at ThisMustChange.org. Or you can find someone in your neighborhood that may need help. The bottom line is that God has blessed you. And not because you have earned it somehow. He has blessed you so that you may then become a blessing to someone else. So go become that blessing in someone's life today. Fight the apathy and selfishness that we see all around us. Break through the bitterness that keeps people separated. Help someone else today because This Must Change!

If you want to get involved here, or if you are doing something to help others, please leave a comment and share with us how you are blessing others. It i always encouraging to see a community come together like that.

Photo credit to bjearwicke.

2 comments:

pwp said...

Bo, I'll donate a dollar for each pound you and Kim lose between now and Nov. 16. I'm so proud of you both.

Bubba said...

Thank you, ma'am! That is a very generous pledge and I'm happy to have you on board as a sponsor.

Love to your family from ours...