Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Postively Tuesday



Once again it is Tuesday, and I have something positive to say about someone who has been encouraging to me.

My buddy Joe is one of those guys everyone should meet. Joe's the guy that got me to be serious about what being a follower of Christ means.

Joe is the kind of guy that really shows faith, commitment, and trust in God. His life, and he's family, center on service to God and listening to and following what He has planned.

With Joe's help and encouragement, I got back into having daily devotional time, opening up to others about my faith, and actively pursuing Christ in my everyday life. Joe's daily walk, including the struggles and strife that come with it, have given me the perspective to lean more on God in all things and not just on the "leftover" bits that I thought I could trust to Him.

Joe does a great job doing what Paul writes of in Romans:
Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality.(Romans 12:9 - 13 NIV)

Joe, thanks for being you and being such a positive example of discipleship. God bless you.

0 comments: