Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Positive Post Tuesday

Positive Post Tuesday

Seeing that it's Tuesday, it's time for something positive....

This week I've been reminded what it means to have people you can really talk to. I don't mean someone who watched the Olympics last night and can complain with you about how that one judge had it in for that one gymnast. I mean having friends that you can open up to without worrying about them running away in disgust and/or horror when you talk about the hard things in life.

One of these people is Paul. Dr. Paul to be exact. Paul is a modern day Renaissance man: college professor, professional technologist, sailor, author, thinker, husband, father, son, friend, and Christian.

I feel like I can talk to Paul about pretty much anything. About a year and a half ago, we started talking about work, life, and faith. Paul really helped me understand that I didn't have to compartmentalize my faith in relation to the office. It was very refreshing and freeing to "have permission" to be Christian at work.

Paul has also encouraged me over the past few years by being in my corner when it felt like nobody else was. He and a few others really showed me what being a good friend is all about.

Working together again feels like we getting the band back together...

Thanks Paul.

0 comments: