Saturday, March 8, 2008

Love Song

By now you might have guessed that I'm a Third Day fan. On Thursday night, they opened their 2008 tour with a concert here at the North Charleston Performing Arts Center. I don't know how many people it holds, but it was full. (Update: here's what the band had to say about the Charleston show.)

Revive, a band from Australia that really deserves some US airplay, Decemberadio, and Sanctus Real all performed before the boys from Third Day came out and played. And it was a great show from all four bands. Aside from being a great rock concert, it was an amazing night of praise and worship for our Lord.

As an encore, Mac Powell and Mark Lee (of Third Day) came out, sat down on a couple of stools, and performed "Love Song" acoustic. If you have never heard this song, you should immediately go to where ever you get your music and find it.

As Mac sang the first two verses, I felt the Holy Spirit moving throughout the theater. The first verse goes like this:
I've heard it said that a man would climb a mountain
Just to be with the one he loves
How many times has he broken that promise
It has never been done.
I've never climbed the highest mountain
But I walked the hill of calvary

Just to be with you, I'd do anything
There's no price I would not pay
Just to be with you, I'd give anything
I would give my life away.

And when Mac hit the bridge, it was like Jesus was talking directly to my heart and telling me the most beautiful story about His love for me:
I know that you don't understand
the fullness of My love
How I died upon the cross for your sins
And I know that you don't realize
how much that I gave you
But I promise, I would do it all again.

Just to be with you, I've done everything
There's no price I did not pay
Just to be with you, I gave everything
Yes, I gave my life away.

It's been a while since I have been that close and that personal with Jesus. I hadn't realized how much until Thursday night.

I know that Mac and the fellas would say that they are simply the vessels for God to work with and wouldn't take any credit. And I want to thank them for allowing themselves to be used by the Lord like that. They have been given very special talents and are a blessing to us all.

God Bless you, Third Day. We'll keep you and the other bands in our prayers as you travel and perform across the country.

0 comments: